Key formats of "Closed Cycles 2020"
In response to the Covid-19 / Corona crisis, the Closed Cycles 2020 symposium will be 100% virtual.
The main concern of this symposium is to create time for a deeper exchange on Ecological Engineering and its implications! This is reflected in the session formats listed below.
- Keynotes: Topics of general interest, related to ecological engineering (Presentation of 30 min + 15 min discussion) [live stream, recorded]
- Global Café: Time slot during the day, when all involved time zones can take part. Space for networking, unscheduled ad hoc round tables, the poster session or some arts & music [unrecorded]
- Tasks and Case Studies: In-depth discussion and reflection about existing case studies or unsolved complex planning challenges (max. 1/3 presentation, min. 2/3 facilitated discussion). These workshops will be supported by a whiteboard software [online workshop, unrecorded, limited participation]
- Scientific Sessions: Short presentations of research results, technologies, approaches from the field of ecological engineering (max. 1/2 presentation, min. 1/2 discussion) [live stream, recorded]
- Poster Sessions: Space and time for poster presenters, most likely during thr Global Café time slot [unrecorded, under construction]
- Virtual activities organized by students [unrecorded, under construction]
- IEES assembly: The formal 2020 reunion of IEES [online meetings]
Please note: We took care to place all speakers according to their time zones, in order to allow for some sleep :-)