Key formats of "Closed Cycles 2020"
The main concern of this symposium is to create time for a deeper exchange on Ecological Engineering and its implications! This is reflected in the session formats listed below.
- Keynotes: Topics of general interest, related to ecological engineering (Presentation of 30 min + 15 min discussion)
- Tasks: In-depth discussion and reflection about unsolved complex planning challenges (max. 1/3 presentation, min. 2/3 facilitated discussion)
- Case Studies: In-depth discussion and reflection about existing case studies (max. 1/3 presentation, min. 2/3 facilitated discussion)
- Parallel Sessions: Short presentations of research results, technologies, approaches from the field of ecological engineering (max. 1/2 presentation, min. 1/2 discussion)
- Activities organized by students: e.g., demonstration of circular technologies. Some of these will be organized by ZHAW students. Here's open space for further ideas.
- IEES assembly: The formal 2020 reunion of IEES
- Symposium dinner: A nice and waste-free dinner in the inspiring atmosphere of a former green house on campus Grüental.
- Excursion: Tour to ecological engineering objects of interest in Switzerland, or just for fun